Sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses to buy auto insurance? You have the same problem as many other vehicle owners in Texas.
Sad but true, most auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in Texas could save almost 70% every year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
How to find low-cost rates for Subaru Outback insurance in Plano
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Plano is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Texas.
First, get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Outback insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Having so many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Subaru Outback in Plano, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the most cost effective auto insurance company.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Subaru Outback insurance in Plano two years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information such as your education level, how much coverage you want, whether or not you need a SR-22, and your general credit rating. Your rating data is then sent to multiple top-rated companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Subaru Outback now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Plano.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Plano, TX. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in TX, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Plano, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The price information shown below covers estimates of insurance prices for Subaru Outback models. Being aware of how insurance policy premiums are determined can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$288||$504||$366||$22||$110||$1,290||$108|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$288||$504||$366||$22||$110||$1,290||$108|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$288||$504||$366||$22||$110||$1,290||$108|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$322||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,414||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in your specific Plano location which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Subaru Outback annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Subaru Outback auto insurance rates for each different age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Subaru Outback insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Subaru Outback claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers don’t always publicize every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive lower premium rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru can earn better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts should help lower your policy premium.
The illustration below compares Subaru Outback insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, seat belt use, military active duty, air bags, good student, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including preferred payment discount, new graduate, newly married, multi-policy, and teen driver discount.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, air bag, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, good driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Buying auto insurance from Plano insurance agencies
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Plano that provide free Plano auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
When looking for a local Plano insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Plano agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive agents in Plano that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you contact a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Plano that are able to give rate quotes.
Once you have answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance can get complicated
When selecting adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- How high should deductibles be on a Subaru Outback?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, denial of a claim and even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is less work than it seems.
When searching for the cheapest Subaru Outback rate quotes, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-friendly insurance in Plano is available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Subaru Outback insurance in Plano
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Subaru Outback insurance in Plano is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Texas. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates like speeding and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Outback insurance. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare every company you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More learning opportunities
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Plano, Texas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)