If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Plano is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for cheaper rates will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A survey found that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved about $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to get price quotes and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
Which Volkswagen Atlas insurance is cheapest in Plano, Texas?
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Texas. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Plano, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Atlas insurance, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Atlas, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Score discounts on Plano auto insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount get Plano auto insurance digitally online.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Plano auto insurance quote.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Plano without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Atlas insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount should help lower the cost of coverage.
To locate auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Plano, click this link.
Local Plano auto insurance agents
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Plano auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How are claims handled?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
If you are searching for a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Plano that can give you price quotes.
- Drew Baccus – State Farm Insurance Agent
7965 Custer Rd #122 – Plano, TX 75025 – (972) 517-9175 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brad Williamson
4670 McDermott Rd #206 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 867-2778 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shelly Balleza
801 E Plano Pkwy #206 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 244-6560 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance rates, you should always include price quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below are Plano independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Matt Lohoefer Insurance
5805 Coit Rd #401 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 964-0113 – View Map
- Roger Welch Agency, LLC
2770 Main St #104 – Frisco, TX 75033 – (972) 380-6677 – View Map
- Best Insurance Agent
4332 Belvedere Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 398-2697 – View Map
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Plano is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered many ways to save on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Volkswagen Atlas rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
More information can be read below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Plano? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)