It's amazing but a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in Texas being $2,679, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper Honda Pilot insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Plano. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read about coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is that you'll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Finding a better price on car insurance isn't really that difficult. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Texas. In order to find the best auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Honda Pilot insurance discounts in Plano
Some insurers don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Plano car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles could earn lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Plano can earn you a little savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow companies to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Honda Pilot auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies with significant discounts in Plano, follow this link.
Statistics and details
The premium information displayed next covers different insurance policy prices for Honda Pilot models. Having a better idea how auto insurance premiums are formulated can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$294||$408||$382||$22||$114||$1,220||$102|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$332||$408||$382||$22||$114||$1,258||$105|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$332||$408||$382||$22||$114||$1,258||$105|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,346||$112|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,346||$112|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,346||$112|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,346||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower auto insurance rates greatly.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance Cheaper
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
More mileage equals more premium - The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your Pilot may be costing you. Make sure your declarations sheet is showing annual mileage, because it can save money.
Use one insurance company and save - Lots of car insurance companies afford better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Car insurance rates and age - Teen drivers in Texas have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teenage driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Tickets increase prices - Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Good drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Having a single chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who have received flagrant tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Honda Pilot insurance costs for each different age category. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Prices may be higher where you live - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when buying car insurance. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Single drivers take more risk - Having a spouse may save some money on your car insurance bill. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Insurance loss probability for a Honda Pilot - Insurers factor in historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Honda Pilot vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Pilot 4dr 2WD||70||96||69||82||82||86|
|Honda Pilot 4dr 4WD||79||105||81||88||74||82|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years