Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable Chrysler 200 insurance in Plano? Finding low-cost insurance for your Chrysler 200 in Texas can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for your Chrysler and find the best price possible from Plano insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices on a regular basis because auto insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest premium rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Plano a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. You can search a lot of 200 insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to put money back in your pocket.
Get cheaper rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Plano with these discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on 200 insurance in Plano.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on your computer.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to view providers that offer discounts in Texas, click here.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Texas. To locate cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agents can help
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Plano.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Plano who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Plano
When researching a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, you should always get several quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Plano who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Texas FIrst Rate Insurance Agency
2105 W Spring Creek Pkwy #375c – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 467-6500 – View Map
- Plano, TX Car Insurance – The Gallovich Insurance Agency
1145 14th St #2117 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 398-0001 – View Map
- Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies
6305 Preston Rd Suite 1000 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 473-4813 – View Map
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Plano who can help you get rate quotes.
- Brad Salter – State Farm Insurance Agent
8000 Coit Rd #100 – Plano, TX 75025 – (972) 731-0350 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Danny Wilson
5501 Independence Pkwy Ste 311 – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 519-0936 – View Map
- Drew Baccus – State Farm Insurance Agent
7965 Custer Rd #122 – Plano, TX 75025 – (972) 517-9175 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Plano should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Plano?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Cheaper car insurance rates are out there
The cheapest Chrysler 200 insurance in Plano is available on the web and with local Plano insurance agents, so get free Plano auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Steps to finding discount Chrysler 200 insurance in Plano
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to quote cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies in Plano. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Plano Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)