The most effective way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Plano is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Texas. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Plano. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who do rate comparisons will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved as much as $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on Buick Regal insurance in Plano is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding the best way to compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Companies offering Buick Regal insurance in Plano
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Plano, TX. To get the best car insurance in TX, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Earn discounts on Plano insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Regal insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may receive better insurance rates.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, accident-free, passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, accident-free, multi-vehicle, early bird, and defensive driver.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, military active duty, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including ease of repair, good student, professional/association, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, early shopping, multi-car, pay in full, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
When getting free Plano auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Plano. To locate insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Plano, follow this link.
Buick Regal Insurance Prices Can Be Reduced
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Marriage can lower costs – Having a spouse may cut your premiums when buying insurance. It may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Your address can affect price – Being located in less populated areas has it’s advantages when buying insurance. Less people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and longer commute times. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Never let your coverage expire – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
- Obey driving laws and save – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than bad drivers. Having just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. People who have severe tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Buick. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Vehicle risk impacts costs – The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for the lowest performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Buick Regal insurance loss probability – Insurance companies use data from past claims as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Buick Regal Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Certain consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Plano.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Plano?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Plano?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Plano?
Best auto insurance in Plano
Picking the right insurer can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Texas. The company information in the lists below can help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Compare. Compare. Compare.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
We covered many tips how you can find cheaper Buick Regal insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much is Plano Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Plano? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)