The easiest way to find affordable Acura RLX insurance in Plano is to start comparing prices yearly from providers that sell auto insurance in Texas.
- Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Plano. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most insurance policyholders have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Texas insurance shoppers could save themselves about $1,766 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Texas, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Protect more than your RLX
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura RLX in Plano, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Acura RLX but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
The list below includes just a few of the factors companies use to determine rates.
- Your job is a factor – Occupations such as real estate brokers, architects, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If the Acura RLX scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance level of the car or truck you drive makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Always have insurance – Driving without insurance coverage in place is against the law and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Young drivers in Texas are known to be more careless behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Acura from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Acura RLX insurance loss data – Insurers use data from past claims when setting premium rates. Models that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Acura RLX vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura RLX Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for cheaper auto insurance quotes
Some providers don’t list every possible discount very well, so the following list contains both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a Plano auto insurance quote.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total RLX insurance premium.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Plano auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on RLX insurance in Plano.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your overall bill.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, anti-theft, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Esurance discounts include homeowner, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and DriveSense.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, multi-policy, business or organization, family plan, accident-free, easy pay, and anti-theft.
If you need cheaper Plano auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To see a list of insurers who offer online Acura RLX insurance quotes in Plano, follow this link.
Local Plano insurance agents
Many drivers still like to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting small agencies is especially important in Plano.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Plano who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find a local Plano insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Plano may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below are Plano independent insurance agencies that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Choice Insurance LLC
5045 Bridge Creek Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (469) 467-6379 – View Map
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Plano that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Once you have received satisfactory answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.
Affordable insurance rates are available
Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies. Discount Acura RLX insurance is available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information is located at these links:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)