Sad but true, most drivers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Texas drivers could save themselves $1,770 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't invest the time required to compare rate quotes online.
The best way we recommend to get affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Plano.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. When you receive it, place the new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is that you'll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best rate selection.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Our goal is to let you in on how car insurance works. Vehicle owners only need to know the proper way to compare rates on the web.
Getting cheap car insurance pricing is a fairly straight forward process. Just invest a few minutes comparing rates to discover which company has affordable Plano car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Plano, TX. To find the best auto insurance in TX, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- What if I total my Volvo S60 and owe more than it's worth?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Car insurance agents can help
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Plano.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Plano that provide free Plano car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Plano can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it is important to understand why they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
The following are Plano independent insurance agents who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Hallmark Insurance Co
6500 Pinecrest Dr - Plano, TX 75024 - (800) 486-5616 - View Map
- Best Insurance Agent
4332 Belvedere Dr - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 398-2697 - View Map
- Arthur Blake Insurance Group
542 Haggard St #502 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 335-4115 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Plano willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Matthew Greiner
2415 Coit Rd d - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 769-8800 - View Map
- Earl Manns Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
3020 Legacy Dr #190 - Plano, TX 75023 - (972) 208-3705 - View Map
- Ron Bowser - State Farm Insurance Agent
6205 Chapel Hill Blvd STE 500 - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 378-0824 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Plano should have no problem answering these questions:
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?