Do you want to learn how to find more competitive auto insurance rates in Plano, TX? Plano drivers have many options when trying to find affordable Chrysler Concorde insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage on a Chrysler and obtain the lowest price.
If you already have coverage or need new coverage, use these techniques to find better prices and still get good coverage. Our objective is to instruct you on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the least time-consuming way to shop for insurance using one simple form.
Getting a low cost price on Chrysler Concorde insurance doesn't have to be difficult. All you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing free Plano auto insurance quotes to find the company with inexpensive Plano auto insurance quotes.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Plano, TX. To get cheap auto insurance in Plano, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Plano, insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chrysler has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Chrysler at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chrysler. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chrysler gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $850 per year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Do you qualify for these ten discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Driver Discount - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Chrysler could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm and Progressive allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, multi-car, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, military active duty, good student, and daytime running lights.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, Steer into Savings, good student, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include family plan, business or organization, good student, accident-free, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and good student.
If you want low cost Plano auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Plano. To find insurance companies who offer online Chrysler Concorde insurance quotes in Plano, click here to view.
How to know if you need help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Plano?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some people would rather talk to a local agent. Good agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Plano that provide free Plano auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Plano?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Plano?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Listed below is a list of auto insurance companies in Plano who can help you get price quote information for Chrysler Concorde insurance in Plano.
- A R Schell and Son Agency
1001 E 15th St #100 - Plano, TX 75074 - (469) 609-8156 - View Map
- Alpha Omega Insurance Agency
3275 Independence Pkwy - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 519-5435 - View Map
- Drew Baccus - State Farm Insurance Agent
7965 Custer Rd #122 - Plano, TX 75025 - (972) 517-9175 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Nicholas Arthur Purvis Agency
5600 Tennyson Pkwy #243 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 665-9975 - View Map
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you'll find typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Medical costs insurance - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM Coverage - This gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto liability insurance - This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, court costs and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but it's recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and fire damage. The most your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Concorde to get cheaper collision coverage.
One last thing to lower rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced Chrysler Concorde insurance in Plano is possible online and with local Plano insurance agents, so you need to quote Plano auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
Steps to buying lower priced Chrysler Concorde insurance in Plano
The easiest way to save on Chrysler Concorde insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Plano.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Find a Plano insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is that you'll want to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)