Really, the only way to save money on car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Plano.
Step 1: Read and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Aspen coverage is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Don't forget to place the new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An important note is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could save themselves almost 70% a year, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from many car insurance companies in Texas. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for insurance consists of shopping online.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating better pricing. Some companies don't provide Plano Aspen insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Plano, TX. To get cheap car insurance in Plano, TX, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler Aspen in Plano, car insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
How You Can Control Chrysler Aspen Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Good drivers pay the best prices - Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Getting just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get license-revoking citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse - Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Don't cut corners with liability protection - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Rates and occupation - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like fire fighters, business owners, and medical professionals tend to pay higher average rates due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, professions such as farmers, students and performers get better rates.
- Drive less and get lower rates - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Aspen is just wasting money.
- Extra coverages can cost a lot - Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Cheaper to insure women? - Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower insurance rates - Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
Get cheaper rates on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Plano with these discounts
Some companies do not advertise every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Plano auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Plano Homeowners Discount - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Resident Student - Children who live away from home at college and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies will give a small break shop Plano auto insurance digitally online.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, good student, bundle discounts, pay in full, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- Esurance offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, homeowner, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, accident-free, and driver's education.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- Allstate may offer discounts for safe driver, early signing, 55 and retired, multi-policy, new car, good payer, and premier discount.
If you are trying to find cheaper Plano auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To find companies that offer discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Insurance agents can help
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What policy terms are available?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Local Plano insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Plano.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in Plano who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won't even need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, just visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Plano for you
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Plano are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Plano that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Encore Insurance Agency, L.L.C.
2301 Ohio Dr - Plano, TX 75093 - (877) 745-5005 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Reginald Denard White
800 E Central Pkwy Ste 200 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 422-9412 - View Map
- Alpha Omega Insurance Agency
3131 Custer Rd #275 - Plano, TX 75075 - (866) 386-0739 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name rather than low price.
The following are Plano exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1729 N Central Expy Suite A - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 509-5600 - View Map
- Raymond Holden - State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 K Ave #106 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 424-5900 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brad Williamson
4670 McDermott Rd #206 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 867-2778 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Plano will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Plano. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chrysler Aspen insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider is easier than you think.
Cheap Chrysler Aspen insurance in Plano is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Plano agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to the articles below: