It’s shocking but the vast majority of insurance customers in Texas have been with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in the United States could pocket as much as 46.5% a year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop around.
The best way we recommend to save on car insurance rates in Plano is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the tips covered below. Shopping around for more affordable policy in Plano is not as hard as you think. Although Texas consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and use it to find better rates.
What Affects Buick Enclave Insurance Rates?
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Buick Enclave is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and membership fees could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Your career may increase premiums – Careers such as lawyers, police officers, and stock brokers tend to have higher average rates attributed to job stress and long work days. Other occupations such as professors, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
Too many policy claims will drive rates up – Companies in Texas provide lower rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a dented fender, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage are how much the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Alarm systems save money – Owning a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Claims statistics for a Buick Enclave – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Buick Enclave vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD||85||101||83||67||63||81|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD||93||110||92||64||62||84|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buick Enclave coverage analysis
The rate table shown next showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Buick Enclave models. Being more informed about how policy rates are established can aid in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$358||$684||$388||$24||$116||$1,570||$131|
|Enclave CX AWD||$358||$684||$388||$24||$116||$1,570||$131|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$358||$684||$388||$24||$116||$1,570||$131|
|Enclave XL AWD||$400||$684||$388||$24||$116||$1,612||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise price quotes noticeably.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Buick Enclave yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Buick Enclave insurance premiums with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to drop full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Buick Enclave claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Plano insurance discounts for a Buick Enclave
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Buick Enclave annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, seat belt use, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including early quote, save driver, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, and payment discounts.
- Nationwide discounts include easy pay, defensive driving, family plan, business or organization, anti-theft, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, business and professional, switch companies, alternative fuel, mature driver, pay in full, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Pac-12 alumni, good student, claim free, anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, multi-policy, and paid-in-full.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, safe vehicle, multiple autos, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for accident-free, good driver, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, and good student.
If you want the cheapest Buick Enclave rate quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Plano.
Quote more to save more
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
When you buy Plano auto insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance in Plano can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Plano agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Plano? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)