The preferred way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Plano is to annually compare prices from providers in Texas.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on RDX insurance in Plano. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around once a year are likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around every year saved over $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Plano is the reason you're reading this, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Acura RDX insurance in Plano is to understand most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like an estimate of your credit level, your occupation, how much education you have, and how your vehicles are used. Your details is instantly provided to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To find the cheapest Acura RDX insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Plano.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Plano, TX. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura RDX in Plano, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your RDX, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your Acura and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate information below outlines a range of rate quotes for Acura RDX models. Learning more about how insurance rates are calculated can help customers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$322||$572||$330||$20||$98||$1,342||$112|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$322||$572||$330||$20||$98||$1,342||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can change prices considerably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Acura RDX premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every policy discount very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Federal Government Employee - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Driver's Education for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Resident Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Plano and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Professional Organizations - Joining a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow driving data collection to spy on their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Acura RDX insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer online Acura RDX insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
The following are Plano auto insurance companies that are able to give rate quotes for Acura RDX insurance in Plano.
Best Insurance Agent
4332 Belvedere Dr - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 398-2697 - View Map
After getting satisfactory answers to your questions and an acceptable price quote, it's possible that you found a company that can be trusted to service your policy.
Don't give up on cheap coverage
When searching for cheaper Plano car insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped full coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Low-cost Acura RDX insurance in Plano can be found online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Plano Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)