The most effective way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Plano is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Texas.
- Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and a substandard credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Astra insurance in Plano. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Shocking but true, almost 70% of insureds in Texas have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes online.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Comparison shopping for the lowest-priced protection in Plano is simple if you know the tricks. But Texas car owners need to learn how insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The quickest method to compare Saturn Astra insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. To find cheap auto insurance in Plano, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Saturn Astra
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saturn in Plano, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Astra has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Saturn for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Saturn Astra but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Saturn as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Astra definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Where you call home – Having an address in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer people means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
A good credit rating can save money – Your credit history factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Saturn Astra if you clean up your credit. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower ratings.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – The majority of insurance companies apply lower prices to clients who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
Marriage can save on insurance – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Don’t skimp on liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in in the event that you are responsible for an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
Too many policy claims will drive premiums up – Auto insurance companies in Texas give most affordable rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Low-cost Saturn Astra insurance in Plano is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers and delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- How Much are Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus in Plano? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)