Are you searching for lower-priced Saab 9-7X insurance in Plano? I can't think of anyone who enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when they know the price is too high.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,680, Texas drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO persitently shower you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the corporate glitz and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Saab 9-7X insurance in Plano last year you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding 9-7X insurance out there, but we're going to give you some guaranteed methods to find cheap auto insurance in Plano.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, use these tips to cut your premiums without having to cut coverage. Buying affordable auto insurance in Plano is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Drivers only have to learn the most efficient way to shop their coverage around instantly.
The following companies offer free quotes in Plano, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why you need insurance for your 9-7X
Despite the high cost, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 9-7X has a lienholder, most banks will require you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Saab for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Saab and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Saab as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Determine discounts on Plano auto insurance
Some companies don't always publicize every possible discount very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Paperless Signup - A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on their website.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a course in safe driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
If you would like to view companies with the best Saab 9-7X insurance discounts in Plano in Texas, click here to view.
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Saab 9-7X is totaled?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
A small number of people still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Plano.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a local Plano insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth mentioning the difference between them since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, it's a good idea to get insurance quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Plano who may provide free rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Nicholas Arthur Purvis Agency
5600 Tennyson Pkwy #243 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 665-9975 - View Map
These agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Plano who can help you get price quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability insurance - This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, medical services, emergency aid and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, doctor visits, EMT expenses and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) - Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverage - This coverage covers damage to your 9-7X resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your 9-7X to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance - Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, falling objects, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your Saab 9-7X insurance auto insurance rates in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Plano car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small local company.
Budget-conscious Saab 9-7X insurance can be purchased on the web and with local Plano insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation and extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be easier than you think.
How to find low-cost rates for Saab 9-7X insurance in Plano
The recommended way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who can sell car insurance in Plano. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand car insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Plano. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)