To save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Plano. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives more ideas to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It's safe to conclude that insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Drivers who compare other rates are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower rate. A study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $72 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Plano is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can learn to lower your rates and still have adequate protection. Shopping for the lowest-priced protection in Plano can be fairly easy. Drivers only need an understanding of the least time-consuming way to shop from multiple carriers.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
The following are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Married people drive safer - Being married may cut your premiums on your auto insurance bill. Marriage may mean you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Experienced drivers are lower risk - Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Don't cut corners with liability protection - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage is the protection if you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Companies want multiple policies - Most larger auto insurance companies apply better rates to clients that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare Pontiac Grand Prix rates in Plano to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Cheap Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Plano
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a driver safety class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Plano can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Early Switch Discount - Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Low Mileage - Driving less could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your policy cost.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, accident-free, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, good student, family plan, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and multi-policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, automatic seat belts, homeowners, student driver, driver training, theft prevention, and teen driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for early shopping, homeowner, distant student, multi-car, teen driver, youthful driver, and alternative fuel.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, economy car, FullPay discount, EZ pay plan discount, passive restraint, teenSMART discount, and new car.
If you are trying to find low cost Plano auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in every state. To choose insurers that offer multiple discounts in Plano, follow this link.
Ratings for Texas auto insurance companies
Selecting a high-quality car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Plano. The information shown below may help you analyze which companies you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Pontiac Grand Prix insurance rates online in Plano. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheap Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Plano is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Plano auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies don't offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Plano? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)