Really, the only way to get low-cost Pontiac G5 insurance in Plano is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Texas.
- Read about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Plano. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
A recent study showed that 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. American drivers could save an average of about $860 each year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more obscure like where you live and annual miles driven.
The following are a few of the things companies use to determine your rates.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Pontiac G5 by improving your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
- Job reflects on premiums – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers like judges, architects, and stock brokers have higher average rates due to job stress and lengthy work days. Other professions such as actors, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give better rates to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Where you reside is a factor – Living in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find the best offered rates. Some companies don’t provide rate quotes online, so it’s important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Plano, TX. To find cheaper auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac G5 in Plano, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Pontiac G5, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Pontiac for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Pontiac and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your G5 are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Plano insurance discounts for a Pontiac G5
Some companies don’t always list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Plano auto insurance quote when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive discounts include online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, good student, teen driver, alternative fuel, multi-car, pay in full, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, 55 and retired, good student, and safe driver.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, student away at school, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, seat belt use, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, drive less, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and accident prevention training.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new graduate, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, newly married, and new move discount.
When quoting, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To find insurance companies with the best Pontiac G5 insurance discounts in Plano, follow this link.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, your information is sent to companies in Plano who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How long has their agency been open in Plano?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How are claims handled?
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
We covered many ways to compare Pontiac G5 insurance premium rates in Plano. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Kia Optima in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)