Baffled by the number of auto insurance sources in your area? Many other drivers are too. There are so many sources to choose from that it can be more work than you anticipated to find lower rates on Toyota Highlander insurance. Plano has many things to offer, but paying high auto insurance rates makes it difficult to be able to afford adequate auto insurance coverage limits.
How to quote cheaper Toyota Highlander insurance in Plano
If you want to save money, the best way to find more affordable Toyota Highlander insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Plano. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if cheaper Highlander coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Don't forget to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you'll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don't have to tell you that car insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who get price comparisons are inclined to buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Toyota Highlander insurance in Plano is why you're here, knowing the best way to compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest price on Toyota Highlander insurance in Plano at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of information about Highlander insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some excellent ideas to put money back in your pocket.
Our goal is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you currently have insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, Texas consumers must learn how the larger insurance companies calculate their prices and use it to find better rates.
The cheapest Plano Toyota Highlander insurance quotes
Most of the larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting Toyota Highlander insurance prices online is quite easy as you simply enter the coverages you want into the quote form. After you complete the form, the system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and generates a price.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the best auto insurance rates.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Plano, TX. In order to find cheap car insurance in TX, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Protect your Toyota vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Plano, buying insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Highlander, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to save money.
Rates and other information
The premium table below outlines different coverage costs for Toyota Highlander models. Having insight into how auto insurance prices are calculated is important for drivers to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$422||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$422||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$422||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$470||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,848||$154|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$470||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,848||$154|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$470||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,848||$154|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$470||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,848||$154|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$470||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,848||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific Plano garaging location which can revise rates significantly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
A question often asked by Plano drivers is which deductible level should you buy. The data tables below help summarize how much more rates are of buying low and high coverage deductibles. The first data set uses a $250 deductible for comp and collision and the second set of rates uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$332||$496||$382||$22||$114||$1,371||$114|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$370||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,497||$125|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$370||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,497||$125|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$370||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,497||$125|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$370||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,497||$125|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$370||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,497||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence prices substantially.
Based on the figures above, using a $250 deductible costs an average of $16 more each month or $192 annually than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $250 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally go at a minimum 16 months between claim filings, you would more than likely save some money if you elect the higher deductible. The illustration below shows how this determination is made.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$119|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $103|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$16|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $16|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||16 months|
One big caveat is that raising deductibles means you will have to pay more of your own money when you have a physical damage claim. You need to have some extra funds in the event you need to pay the deductible for vehicle repair.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Toyota Highlander insurance prices for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents raise Toyota Highlander insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Highlander premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Highlander auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Toyota Highlander claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $400 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Get discounts on Plano insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you can get lower premium rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, that's just not realistic. But any discount will definitely lower the amount you pay for coverage.
The information below compares Toyota Highlander annual premium costs with and without discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for business and professional, good student, homeowner, early shopping, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple policy, driver's education, good driver, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, good student, five-year accident-free, military active duty, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may include discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, drive less, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-policy, newly married, hybrid vehicle, safety features, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and newly retired.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your state. If you would like to view insurers who offer online Toyota Highlander insurance quotes in Texas, follow this link.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Plano.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Plano that can give you free Plano car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When finding a local Plano insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Plano that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Sills Insurance
2817 Regal Rd # 101 - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 596-5866 - View Map
- Choice Insurance LLC
5045 Bridge Creek Dr - Plano, TX 75093 - (469) 467-6379 - View Map
- Arthur Blake Insurance Group
542 Haggard St #502 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 335-4115 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which can be an advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name rather than low price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Plano willing to provide price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1729 N Central Expy Suite A - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 509-5600 - View Map
- Korina Hernandez - State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 N Central Expy #260 - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 423-7667 - View Map
- Raymond Holden - State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 K Ave #106 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 424-5900 - View Map
Picking a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Plano?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Plano?
When do I need an agent's advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- If my Toyota Highlander is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What does medical payments cover?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Is my Toyota Highlander covered for flood damage?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What is the best car insurance company in Plano?
Buying coverage from the highest-rated car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Texas. The company rank data in the next section can help you analyze which companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Toyota Highlander.
Since many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 30/60/25 which means a limit of $30,000 per injured person, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like structural damage, bail bonds, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
This pays for damage to your Highlander caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Highlander to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, hitting a deer, theft and falling objects. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like hospital visits, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
In this article, we presented many ideas to find cheaper Toyota Highlander insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Plano car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper Toyota Highlander insurance in Plano can be sourced both online and with local Plano insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
How to find affordable Toyota Highlander insurance in Plano
It takes a little time, but the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from providers in Plano.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Highlander insurance in Plano. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Plano? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Plano? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)