It's an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who shop around at least once a year are very likely to move their business because the odds are good of finding discount prices. A survey found that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Subaru WRX insurance in Plano is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about how to find companies and compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The easiest way to get more affordable Subaru WRX insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Plano.
- Try to understand policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for the details to help reduce premium rates and find missing discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Shopping around for cheaper auto insurance in Plano is actually quite simple. If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these techniques to find better prices without reducing coverage. Consumers only have to learn the quickest method to compare insurance rates online.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
It's important that you understand some of the elements that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the most common factors that factor into your rate level.
Your address can impact price - Being located in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
How credit score affects auto insurance costs - Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru WRX if you improve your credit rating.
Traffic violations increase prices - Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Having just one moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten serious violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Drive less and save - Driving a lot of miles annually the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated WRX may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy shows the proper vehicle usage.
Premiums drop with age - Young drivers in Texas are known to be less responsible in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.
If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you don't need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Subaru WRX insurance loss statistics - Auto insurance companies use data from past claims when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased losses will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare Subaru WRX insurance rates
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Plano, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your WRX has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Affordable Subaru WRX insurance quotes in Plano
Car insurance companies don't list every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden credits available to you. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring more than one vehicle with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Membership in Organizations - Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Subaru WRX insurance quotes in Plano in Texas, click here to view.
Can't I compare prices from local Plano insurance agencies?
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Plano.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a local Plano insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Plano are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, you need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Plano who can help you get free rate quotes.
- A and H Insurance
2504 K Ave #400 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 423-4348 - View Map
- Encore Insurance Agency, L.L.C.
2301 Ohio Dr - Plano, TX 75093 - (877) 745-5005 - View Map
- Royalty Insurance Agency
5048 Tennyson Pkwy #250 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 801-9188 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Plano that are able to give price quote information.
- Tamara Murphy - State Farm Insurance Agent
4504 Legacy Dr #200 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 943-9555 - View Map
- Korina Hernandez - State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 N Central Expy #260 - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 423-7667 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1729 N Central Expy Suite A - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 509-5600 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Plano should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
A little work can save a LOT of money
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Subaru WRX insurance in Plano. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Plano car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, high prices or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Subaru WRX insurance in Plano is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Plano agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information is located at the links below
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Plano? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)