The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Plano. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for the details to get affordable coverage and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who compare rates annually are highly likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved as much as $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Plano is why you’re reading this, knowing how to find companies and compare car insurance can save time and money.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Plano is actually quite simple. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, use these techniques to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Comparison shoppers just need to know the fastest way to find the lowest price online.
Low Cost companies for Ford Thunderbird insurance
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Plano, TX. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in TX, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Lower rate quotes by getting discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers can get reduced rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable driving data submission to study their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Plano auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the cost of coverage.
To find providers with the best discounts in Texas, follow this link.
How do Insurers Determine Ford Thunderbird Insurance Rates?
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower premium levels. Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Filing car insurance claims can cost you more – Insurance companies in Texas generally give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Always keep your car insurance in force – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – The majority of companies will award a discount to clients that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Accidents inflate premiums – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut premiums – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking a insurer requires more thought than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Plano?
If you are searching for local Plano agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Plano may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Plano exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quotes.
- Korina Hernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 N Central Expy #260 – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 423-7667 – View Map
- Mike Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
2100 Dallas Pkwy #110 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 403-1060 – View Map
- Raymond Holden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 K Ave #106 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 424-5900 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Plano that can give you comparison quotes.
- Guest Insurance Agency
903 18th St Ste 124 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 424-4209 – View Map
- Encore Insurance Agency, L.L.C.
2301 Ohio Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (877) 745-5005 – View Map
- Alpha Omega Insurance Agency
3275 Independence Pkwy – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 519-5435 – View Map
Upon receiving positive feedback to your questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel a policy whenever you wish so never feel you are locked into any specific company with no way to switch.
Quote more to save more
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
We just covered many tips how you can find lower-cost Ford Thunderbird insurance in Plano. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Plano? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)