If you’ve never shopped for Plano auto insurance quotes online, most likely you are confused by the large number insurance agents and companies all claiming to save you money.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $2,680, Plano drivers can cut their rates by 70% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
You need to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best rate on BMW X1 insurance in Plano a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. There is a lot of wrong information about X1 insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to find cheap insurance in Plano.
This article will tell you the most effective way to quote insurance and also pocket some savings If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Although Texas car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Plano auto insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Renewal Discounts – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, membership and employees, good student, federal employee, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for air bags, multiple vehicles, group or association, anti-theft, and mature driver.
- American Family has discounts for accident-free, good student, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-car, renters, DriveSense, homeowner, safety device, anti-lock brakes, and emergency road assistance.
- Progressive has savings for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, safe vehicle, driver’s education, passive restraint, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, and good driver.
If you are trying to find low cost Plano auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer online BMW X1 insurance quotes in Plano, follow this link.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Get a ticket, pay higher costs – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten serious citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Discounts for married drivers – Getting married can actually save you money on your car insurance bill. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Alarm systems lower prices – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- Liability insurance risk factors – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Improve your credit history – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with worse credit. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your BMW X1 if you clean up your credit.
BMW X1 insurance claim data – Car insurance companies use statistical claims data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for BMW X1 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for BMW X1 Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X1 4dr 2WD 99 86 113 90 95 87 BMW X1 4dr 4WD 103 96 120 73 69 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents near you
Many drivers still like to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Plano.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Plano that can give you free Plano auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a good Plano insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Plano that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Kurtz Insurance
704 E 15th St #205 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 424-2993 – View Map
- Plano, TX Car Insurance – The Gallovich Insurance Agency
1145 14th St #2117 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 398-0001 – View Map
- Sterling Insurance Group
3415 Custer Rd #161 – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 964-4825 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Plano who can help you get price quotes.
- Tamara Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
4504 Legacy Dr #200 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 943-9555 – View Map
- Drew Baccus – State Farm Insurance Agent
7965 Custer Rd #122 – Plano, TX 75025 – (972) 517-9175 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brad Williamson
4670 McDermott Rd #206 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 867-2778 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Plano?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How long has the business existed?
Shop around and save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to shop for BMW X1 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Plano auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Plano auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Budget-conscious BMW X1 insurance is available both online and with local Plano insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
How to find better rates for BMW X1 insurance in Plano
The best way we recommend to get affordable BMW X1 insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Plano.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on X1 insurance in Plano. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)