Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most Texas auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the U.S. can save almost $859 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rate quotes.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Plano. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more information to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Titan XD insurance. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Cheap car insurance in Plano, TX
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Plano, TX. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in TX, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Get Nissan Titan XD Insurance for Less
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower premium levels. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Safer vehicles mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money. An improperly rated Titan XD may be costing you.
- Having a spouse equates to better rates – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Plano car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Titan XD insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
To see providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Plano.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Plano who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always compare prices from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Plano who may provide free rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Nicholas Arthur Purvis Agency
5600 Tennyson Pkwy #243 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 665-9975 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Plano that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing a auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been open in Plano?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Upon receiving good feedback to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage.
What is the best car insurance company in Texas?
Buying coverage from the best insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Plano. The ranking data shown next can help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Car insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my Nissan Titan XD is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What policy terms are available?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Smart shoppers get results
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal or even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper car insurance in Plano is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information is available at these sites:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)