It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Plano. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more information to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Texas consumers could save as much as 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Quoting and comparing rates for cheaper coverage in Plano is not as hard as you think. In essence, everyone who is overpaying for insurance stands a good chance to find a lower-cost company. Although Texas drivers must comprehend the methods companies use to determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Get Cheap Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
Liability coverage limits are a factor - The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Better credit means lower prices - Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Lincoln MKC by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Get better rates if married - Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when buying insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Gender as a rate factor - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males cause the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Higher deductibles cost less - Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Your location is a factor - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Lincoln MKC insurance loss statistics - Insurers use statistical claims data to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Lincoln MKC vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD||97||76||69|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD||99||68||72||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Plano Lincoln MKC insurance quotes online
All the larger insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices from their websites. This process is possible for anyone because you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system requests your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the most affordable insurance rates.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This way, you will get a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Texas. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln MKC insurance, paying for auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your MKC greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheap rates on Lincoln MKC insurance in Plano with these auto insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Early Switch Discount - Some auto insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current MKC insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck. But all discounts should help reduce your policy premiums.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, driver's education, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, homeowner, emergency road assistance, defensive driver, and safety device.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, defensive driver, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and air bag.
It's a good idea to ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Plano.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Plano that can provide free Plano auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Plano car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Plano insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Plano agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are Plano independent insurance agents that may be able to provide free price quotes.
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Plano that can give you price quotes.
Selecting an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Plano?
Upon receiving reasonable responses as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide car insurance coverage. Keep in mind you have the power to cancel your policy any time you want so never feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company indefinitely.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I buy only the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
How much can you save?
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We've covered a lot of tips how to save on Lincoln MKC insurance in Plano. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Lincoln MKC rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, high prices and even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How Much is Plano Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)