Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are likely to move their business because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. A study showed that consumers who shopped around saved about $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Plano is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand how insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article provides ideas to help keep rates affordable and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Getting low cost Lexus NX 200t insurance pricing is pretty simple and can save money. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Plano auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Texas, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers do not list all possible discounts very well, so the below list has some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a slight reduction on a Plano auto insurance quote.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Distant Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Plano and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and five-year accident-free.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, defensive driving training, multiple autos, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Esurance discounts include homeowner, multi-policy, defensive driver, anti-theft, online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
If you need inexpensive Plano auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered in every state. For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here to view.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Plano NX 200t insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your NX 200t with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Lexus and your personal assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- If my Lexus NX 200t is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Neighborhood Plano auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower prices and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in Plano.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Plano auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Plano are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are Plano independent agents that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Plano, TX Car Insurance – The Gallovich Insurance Agency
1145 14th St #2117 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 398-0001 – View Map
- Choice Insurance LLC
5045 Bridge Creek Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (469) 467-6379 – View Map
- A R Schell and Son Agency
1001 E 15th St #100 – Plano, TX 75074 – (469) 609-8156 – View Map
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Plano willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Jason Ruiz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5809 Preston Rd #586 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 378-1024 – View Map
- Korina Hernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 N Central Expy #260 – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 423-7667 – View Map
- Brad Salter – State Farm Insurance Agent
8000 Coit Rd #100 – Plano, TX 75025 – (972) 731-0350 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?