The easiest way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Plano is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Texas.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives instructions to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new insurance company. Once received, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle's registration.
One important bit of advice is to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Statistics show that most consumers in Texas have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in America could save 46.5% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Companies offering affordable Land Rover LR2 rates in Plano, TX
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in TX, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Land Rover LR2 insurance rates and statistics
The premium table shown next highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Land Rover LR2 models. Having a better understanding of how prices are calculated can aid in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR2 HSE Luxury||$288||$496||$366||$22||$110||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Land Rover LR2 insurance prices for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Land Rover LR2 insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no written rule of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Land Rover LR2 replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $300 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Take advantage of these price cutting discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military can result in better prices.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the comparison of Land Rover LR2 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, distant student, good student, multi-car, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-policy, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family may have discounts that include bundled insurance, good driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, business or organization, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To choose providers with the best Land Rover LR2 insurance discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Little extras can really add up - Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good initially, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Credit rating impacts premium premiums - Your credit history is a big factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Land Rover LR2 by repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Married drivers get better prices - Having a spouse helps lower the price when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Performance affects premiums - The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data uses these assumptions: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Land Rover LR2 insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Youthful drivers cost more - Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Fewer miles means better rates - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your LR2 may be costing you. It's a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
Gender is a factor - Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that females are better drivers. They both get in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Land Rover LR2 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Land Rover LR2 claim probability - Companies analyze historical claim data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Land Rover LR2 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Land Rover LR2 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover LR2 4dr 4WD 115 162 99BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When it comes to a policy, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is a little different and your insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions can help discover if you could use an agent's help.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does my Land Rover LR2 qualify for pleasure use?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Many drivers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Plano.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Plano car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want a local agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Plano are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Plano who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Plano willing to provide price quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is there a local claims center in Plano?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Plano?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
A little work can save a LOT of money
Budget-conscious Land Rover LR2 insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free Plano car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We've covered many ideas to shop for Land Rover LR2 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small local company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)