The recommended way to get the cheapest Land Rover FreeLander insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Plano. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper FreeLander coverage is available in Plano. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who compare rates annually will presumably switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to find companies and compare coverages can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Most major insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage prices online. Getting Land Rover FreeLander insurance prices online is quite easy as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into the form. When the form is submitted, their rating system obtains your driving and credit reports and gives you a price quote. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to get the most affordable car insurance rates.
In order to get comparison pricing now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Plano, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Don’t overlook these nine Land Rover FreeLander insurance discounts
Some companies do not advertise every discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Early Switch Discount – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to bad drivers.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts possibly include:
When getting free Plano car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in Plano. To see insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Plano, click here.
Auto insurance is not optional in Texas
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Land Rover in Plano, auto insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Land Rover FreeLander has a lienholder, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Land Rover at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
What is the best car insurance company in Texas?
Picking the right auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Plano. The ranking information shown below can help you pick which companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Plano.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Plano who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to check rates from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are Plano independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Plano, TX Car Insurance – The Gallovich Insurance Agency
1145 14th St #2117 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 398-0001 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are Plano exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Picking a insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How many years have they been established?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your FreeLander in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, legal defense fees, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses like hospital visits, prosthetic devices, surgery and chiropractic care. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM Coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Land Rover FreeLander.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25 in Texas), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.