It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Kia Soul EV insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Plano.
- First, read about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a low credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more details to prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important note is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around at least once a year are very likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent study showed that people who compared prices regularly saved about $72 a month compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving money on Kia Soul EV insurance is your objective, then learning about how to find and compare coverage rates can make the process more efficient.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Plano is quite easy. If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Comparison shoppers just need to know the most effective way to find the lowest price from many different companies online.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get insurance quotes from their websites. Doing online quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Plano doesn’t take much effort because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into a form. Behind the scenes, the system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on these factors. Quoting online for Kia Soul EV insurance in Plano helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you’re receiving rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. To get cheap auto insurance in TX, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right Soul EV insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Plano, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Soul EV has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves your Kia Soul EV and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Get Lower-cost Car Insurance with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The type of vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are usually found on economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Bad credit will cost you – Having a good credit history will be a significant factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your Kia Soul EV by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Policy lapses raise car insurance rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage might get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
- Better car insurance rates on safer vehicles – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Plano car insurance quote.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Plano car insurance quote.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Plano car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, defensive driver, federal employee, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good student, annual mileage, type of vehicle, anti-theft, location of vehicle, multi-car, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for business and professional, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, company car, group or association, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, new move discount, safety features, and exclusive group savings.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, teen safe driver, drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- USAA may offer discounts for good student, family discount, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, loyalty savings, and defensive driver.
If you need cheaper Plano car insurance quotes, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. To see insurers that offer some of these discounts in Plano, click here.
Local Plano insurance agents and car insurance
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is sent to participating agents in Plano who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Plano should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
When searching for a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Plano who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
The following are Plano independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
Plano, TX Car Insurance – The Gallovich Insurance Agency
1145 14th St #2117 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 398-0001 – View Map
Auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting a highly-rated insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Texas. The company ratings shown below could help you decide which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
The cheapest Kia Soul EV insurance in Plano is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented some good ideas how to compare Kia Soul EV insurance rates in Plano. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- How Much are Plano Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)