If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Plano is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Texas.
- Try to understand auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverages on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who get price quotes annually will presumably buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the best rates on Kia Sedona insurance is your target objective, knowing how to quote and compare insurance can save time and money.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Kia Sedona insurance in Plano
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Plano may earn a discount on your policy.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Early Switch Discount – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for signing up before your current Sedona insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Kia Sedona car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
To view insurers with the best Kia Sedona insurance discounts in Plano in Texas, click this link.
Kia Sedona insurance analysis
The coverage table shown below outlines estimates of insurance premium costs for Kia Sedona models. Having a good understanding how rate quotes are formulated can help you make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase prices substantially.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Kia Sedona insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Sedona replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Kia Sedona Insurance
Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Reduce insurance rates by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If the Kia Sedona is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- An active insurance claims history can cost more – Car insurance companies in Texas award discounts to people who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Obey driving laws and save – Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Having a single ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten serious violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents impact Kia Sedona auto insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance prices and driver gender – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Kia Sedona auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Avoid policy lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may earn you fines or a revoked license.
Kia Sedona claim statistics – Insurance companies use historical loss data to help determine rates. Models that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Kia Sedona vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Kia Sedona Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sedona 102 64 96 116BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying insurance from Plano insurance agencies
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Plano that can give you free Plano auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is there a local claims center in Plano?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
What type of Plano car insurance agent is right for you?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good Plano insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Plano willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Plano who can help you get price quote information.
Cheap insurance rates are possible
We just presented a lot of information how to save on Kia Sedona insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Kia Sedona insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Discount Kia Sedona insurance in Plano is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free Plano auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have online quoting and usually these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Plano? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord in Plano? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)