A study showed that nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in the U.S. could pocket approximately 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to save money by comparing rate quotes.
The best way to get low-cost Kia Borrego insurance in Plano is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Texas.
Step 1: Try to understand how insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like multiple speeding tickets and bad credit can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Plano. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Plano is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, Texas consumers must learn how insurance companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Plano car insurance online.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, and driver training.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, multi-vehicle, good driver, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Travelers has discounts for home ownership, save driver, good student, multi-car, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, youthful driver, distant student, and early shopping.
- USAA has savings for loyalty savings, safe driver, vehicle storage, defensive driver, military installation, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, new move discount, and newly married.
If you need inexpensive Plano car insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply in every state. For a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Plano, follow this link.
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from different Plano insurance companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for Kia Borrego insurance involves getting comparison quotes online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to actually drive to different agent offices. The internet makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the extra assistance only provided by licensed agents. However, consumers can comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices will enable you to find better pricing.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Texas. If you want cheap car insurance in Texas, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes most of the major factors that factor into your prices.
- Poor credit can mean higher prices – A driver’s credit rating is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit history could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Borrego by repairing your credit. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Single vs. married – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- File policy claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Texas provide the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Gender and insurance – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Texas?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Kia Borrego?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Does my Kia Borrego need full coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Plano who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does their agency support local causes in Plano?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Plano?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which family members are covered?
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Borrego in Plano, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Borrego has a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
One last note
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Kia Borrego insurance in Plano. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Kia Borrego rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles: