Unbelievably, the vast majority of car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Plano drivers could cut their rates by 70% a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Jaguar S-Type insurance is to compare prices annually from companies in Plano. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. Comparing quotes for cheaper policy in Plano is not as difficult as people think. But Texas vehicle owners do need to learn how insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Best Jaguar S-Type insurance rate quotes in Texas
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Plano, TX. To find cheaper auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Verify you're getting every discount
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Plano could qualify you for a break when getting a Plano auto insurance quote.
- Student in College - Kids living away from Plano attending college and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Signing - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current S-Type insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver Safety - Taking a defensive driver class may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
To view insurance companies who offer online Jaguar S-Type insurance quotes in Plano, follow this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Jaguar S-Type is totaled?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
When to get advice from an insurance agency
A lot of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Plano who want to provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
When researching a good Plano insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Plano agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Plano exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Ann Dunham - State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 W Parker Rd #1 - Plano, TX 75023 - (972) 596-4809 - View Map
- Ruth Bookhammer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1106 14th St - Plano, TX 75074 - (469) 814-0551 - View Map
- Kelly Cook - State Farm Insurance Agent
5068 W Plano Pkwy Ste 277 - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 250-4700 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to include at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to less well-known companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Plano who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Reginald Denard White
800 E Central Pkwy Ste 200 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 422-9412 - View Map
- A and H Insurance
2504 K Ave #400 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 423-4348 - View Map
- VGW Insurance
4040 McDermott Rd #200 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 668-1000 - View Map
One last note
Lower-priced Jaguar S-Type insurance in Plano is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Plano auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just covered a lot of techniques to save on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Plano. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Plano auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More tips and info about insurance is available in these articles:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)