It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper Volkswagen Rabbit insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Plano. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, spend some time learning about auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates such as distracted driving and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional ideas to help reduce prices and earn larger discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Rabbit coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Once received, store the certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who compare other prices will most likely switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding lower prices. A survey found that consumers who compared prices once a year saved over $860 a year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Plano is the reason for your visit, understanding how to find companies and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Cutting your Plano insurance rates can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes to see which company has inexpensive Plano auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. To locate cheap car insurance in Texas, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes a few of the things companies use to determine your rate level.
- Your occupation is a factor – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like judges, airline pilots, and miners are shown to have higher rates than average in part from intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations such as farmers, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a significant difference in your premium level. Low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
- Battle of the sexes – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males get in fender benders in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Five star crash test rating saves money – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volkswagen Rabbit is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Compare rates if you combine your policies – Lots of car insurance companies give lower prices to customers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can qualify you for substantially lower insurance rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to study vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, accident-free, driver’s education, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, homeowner, pay in full, alternative fuel, youthful driver, bundle discounts, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, air bags, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, paperless, anti-lock brakes, student away at school, and mature driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, and good student.
- USAA offers discounts including defensive driver, safe driver, good student, annual mileage, military installation, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable Plano auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in every state.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What is glass protection for?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Volkswagen Rabbit to commute?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
When to contact an agent
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important especially in Plano.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Plano who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive and independent Plano car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Plano agents, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Plano agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand why they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below are independent agents in Plano that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Encore Insurance Agency, L.L.C.
2301 Ohio Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (877) 745-5005 – View Map
- Roger Welch Agency, LLC
2770 Main St #104 – Frisco, TX 75033 – (972) 380-6677 – View Map
- VGW Insurance
4040 McDermott Rd #200 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 668-1000 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Plano who can help you get price quotes.
- Korina Hernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 N Central Expy #260 – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 423-7667 – View Map
- Burl Wood – State Farm Insurance Agent
3608 Preston Rd #200 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 867-0090 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tinh Tieu
1721 W Plano Pkwy Ste 127 – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 596-5511 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Plano should be forthright in answering these questions:
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Best auto insurance in Texas
Choosing a high-quality auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Texas. The ranking data listed below can help you pick which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Auto insurance savings summarized
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some auto insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Plano is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Plano agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can save on Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas can be read below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)