Do you need a better way to compare cheaper car insurance rates in Plano, TX? Plano shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced GMC Sierra insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates on a GMC and find the lowest possible price either online or from Plano insurance agents.
Compare Plano GMC Sierra insurance price quotes online
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- E-sign – Certain larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Plano auto insurance digitally online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Switch Discount – Select car insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Sierra insurance in Plano.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Plano auto insurance quote compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Plano auto insurance but check with your company.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra yearly insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, defensive driving training, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, TimeAway discount, accident-free, early bird, good student, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, air bags, daytime running lights, membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for low natural disaster claims, professional/association, accident-free, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, alternative fuel, mature driver, distant student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Plano, click here to view.
Rates and other information
The information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for GMC Sierra models. Understanding more about how auto insurance prices are figured can help customers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$206||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,142||$95|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$206||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,142||$95|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$206||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,142||$95|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$232||$462||$400||$24||$120||$1,238||$103|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$532||$400||$24||$120||$1,334||$111|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$532||$400||$24||$120||$1,334||$111|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$532||$400||$24||$120||$1,334||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower prices noticeably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can influence GMC Sierra insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Learn How to Buy Insurance More Affordably
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Higher deductibles save money – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Prices and your address – Residing in a small town has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Lower mileage equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Verify your insurance declarations sheet reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Sierra can cost quite a bit.
- Know your vehicle’s IIHS safety rating – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Reduce premiums by staying claim free – Companies in Texas award discounts to people who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Never let your policy lapse – Driving with no insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
Rates go up with performance – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates tend to be for economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The data below uses these variables: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares GMC Sierra rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – There are many extra add-on coverages that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Things like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
GMC Sierra insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies study historical loss data when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for GMC Sierra vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
GMC Sierra Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Sierra 1500 2WD 89 122 106 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD 97 86 79 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 87 99 132 69 69 89 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 89 102 114 52 51 73 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 98 109 96 70 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 78 85 89 65 56 94 GMC Sierra 2500 4WD 70 56 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 63 101 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 91 118 105 43 50 90 GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 67 108 85 40 GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 85 128 121 35BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Plano who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- What companies can they write with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
If you are wanting to find local Plano agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Plano agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can handle car insurance, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are trained well on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Plano that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: John Clements
2500 Dallas Pkwy Ste 150 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 312-1800 – View Map
- Raymond Holden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 K Ave #106 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 424-5900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shelly Balleza
801 E Plano Pkwy #206 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 244-6560 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you include a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Listed below are Plano independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Guest Insurance Agency
903 18th St Ste 124 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 424-4209 – View Map
- Executive Insurance Agency
6900 Alma Dr – Plano, TX 75023 – (469) 229-9080 – View Map
- Texas FIrst Rate Insurance Agency
2105 W Spring Creek Pkwy #375c – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 467-6500 – View Map
After getting positive responses to all your questions and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance.
Quote more to save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to compare GMC Sierra insurance rates in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Plano auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a small mutual company.
Steps to buying affordable GMC Sierra insurance in Plano
It takes a little time, but the best way to find more affordable GMC Sierra insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Plano.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. View companies
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Sierra coverage is available in Plano. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Plano? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)