Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers in Texas have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. American drivers could save $859 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they just switched companies.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from companies who provide auto insurance in Plano. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Plano is really quite easy. Practically every car owner who comparison shops for auto insurance will find a lower-cost policy. Although Texas consumers do need to learn the way insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Best companies for low-cost Audi TTS insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Texas. In order to find the best auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap TTS insurance.
- Plano Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims before the accident.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Plano car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Plano car insurance online.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could save 5% or more if you qualify.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Plano car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Plano agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Plano willing to provide price quote information.
- Ruth Bookhammer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1106 14th St – Plano, TX 75074 – (469) 814-0551 – View Map
- Bob Redding – State Farm Insurance Agent
6833 Coit Rd #100 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 618-4300 – View Map
- Korina Hernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 N Central Expy #260 – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 423-7667 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Plano who can help you get rate quotes.
- Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies
6305 Preston Rd Suite 1000 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 473-4813 – View Map
- Encore Insurance Agency, L.L.C.
2301 Ohio Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (877) 745-5005 – View Map
- Best Insurance Agent
4332 Belvedere Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 398-2697 – View Map
Car insurance coverage options for an Audi TTS
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25 in Texas), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, pain and suffering, funeral expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, vandalism, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your TTS resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your TTS to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses like pain medications, doctor visits, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Best auto insurance company in Plano
Picking the right insurer can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Texas. The company information below may help you analyze which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
When shopping online for car insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies. Budget-conscious Audi TTS insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Plano, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
You just learned a lot of ways to lower your Audi TTS insurance prices in Plano. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Plano car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)