Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Plano could pocket nearly 70% a year, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Plano is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies in Texas. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Getting a cheaper price on Suzuki SX4 insurance is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time getting comparison quotes to discover which company has affordable Plano auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Plano, TX. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Plano, TX, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Suzuki SX4 coverage statistics
The coverage information below showcases a range of insurance prices for Suzuki SX4 models. Being able to understand how prices are calculated can assist in making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SX4 Sport S||$268||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,340||$112|
|SX4 Sport SE||$268||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,340||$112|
|SX4 Technology 2WD||$268||$456||$392||$24||$118||$1,258||$105|
|SX4 Sportback 2WD||$268||$456||$392||$24||$118||$1,258||$105|
|SX4 AWD AWD||$268||$456||$392||$24||$118||$1,258||$105|
|SX4 Sport GTS||$268||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,340||$112|
|SX4 Technology AWD||$302||$456||$392||$24||$118||$1,292||$108|
|SX4 Touring AWD||$302||$456||$392||$24||$118||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase coverage prices noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Suzuki SX4 insurance premiums for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Suzuki SX4 premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact formula for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Suzuki SX4 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Suzuki SX4 insurance, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Suzuki has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Suzuki at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Informed Drivers Know How to Get Auto Insurance Cheaper
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help calculate your auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Most major companies apply a discount to clients that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Cheaper rates using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Liability protection limits on your policy – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Gender and auto insurance premiums – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in fender benders in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Suzuki SX4 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
More affordable auto insurance in Plano can be bought from both online companies and with local Plano insurance agents, so you need to quote Plano auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can lower your Suzuki SX4 insurance premium rates in Plano. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much are Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Plano? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus in Plano? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)