Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost Nissan 350Z insurance in Plano is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- First, try to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives tips to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Plano. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Plano drivers could save nearly 70% each year, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
This article’s goal is to introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Shoppers just need to use the most effective way to shop their coverage around online.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Texas. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Plano, TX, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Take policy discounts and save on Nissan 350Z insurance in Plano
Some insurers don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive shop Plano auto insurance on the web.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you low cost Nissan 350Z insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better car insurance rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and good driver.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, family plan, anti-theft, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, early bird, student driver, theft prevention, good student, 55 and older, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, distant student, good student, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and early shopping.
- Allstate may have discounts that include safe driver, senior citizen, early signing, teenSMART discount, good payer, new car, and economy car.
If you are trying to find cheaper Plano auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Plano, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your 350Z, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Plano auto insurance companies ranked
Picking a highly-rated car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Plano. The information in the lists below may help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my Nissan 350Z covered for smoke damage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Plano insurance agents?
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is still important in Plano.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Plano that can provide free Plano auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a local Plano insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to contact a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Featured below are Plano independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Texas FIrst Rate Insurance Agency
2105 W Spring Creek Pkwy #375c – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 467-6500 – View Map
- Alpha Omega Insurance Agency
3131 Custer Rd #275 – Plano, TX 75075 – (866) 386-0739 – View Map
- Buckley Insurance Agency
3100 Independence Pkwy #216 – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 665-0620 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Plano that can give you rate quotes.
- Donnie Pence – State Farm Insurance Agent
1301 Custer Rd #340 – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 309-0009 – View Map
- Raymond Holden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 K Ave #106 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 424-5900 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Joseph Qiu
5016 Tennyson Pkwy – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 781-0808 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Once you have good feedback to any questions you have and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can insure your vehicles.