It's an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year are highly likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around saved approximately $865 annually as compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price on Fiat 500 insurance in Plano is the reason you're here, learning the best ways to shop for coverage rates can save time and money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Fiat 500 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Plano.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on 500 insurance in Plano. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you currently have insurance, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Quoting affordable insurance policy in Plano is not as confusing as people think. Although Texas consumers do need to learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Save a ton by earning discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Plano auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Club Memberships - Joining a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for good student, mature driver, early shopping, multi-car, youthful driver, pay in full, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include good student, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, accident-free, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, defensive driver, and air bags.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, new graduate, safety features, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, and multi-car.
If you want inexpensive Plano auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Plano. For a list of car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, follow this link.
All the larger insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide insurance quotes from their websites. This process is possible for anyone as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system will order credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information.
Being able to quote online for Fiat 500 insurance in Plano simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to do this in order to find the best rate.
To compare rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Smart Buyers Save Every Year
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates.
Safer cars save money - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Pleasure use saves money - The higher the miles on your Fiat every year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. Having the wrong rating on your 500 may be costing you.
More than one policy can earn a discount - Some companies provide better rates to clients who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other Plano 500 insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Teen drivers pay high prices - Drivers with little experience tend to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a youthful driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. Older people are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
Is auto insurance cheaper for women or men? - The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders are in fender benders at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Extra policy coverages that may not be needed - Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Safeguard your assets with liability coverage - The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Fiat 500 claim data - Companies study historical loss data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the collected loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Fiat 500 Convertible||76||79||60||85|
|Fiat 500 Electric||73||59||76||60|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Plano who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Plano
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are usually well trained on their company's products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Plano that can give you price quotes.
- Burl Wood - State Farm Insurance Agent
3608 Preston Rd #200 - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 867-0090 - View Map
- Drew Baccus - State Farm Insurance Agent
7965 Custer Rd #122 - Plano, TX 75025 - (972) 517-9175 - View Map
- Kelly Cook - State Farm Insurance Agent
5068 W Plano Pkwy Ste 277 - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 250-4700 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Plano willing to provide price quotes.
- Roger Welch Agency, LLC
2770 Main St #104 - Frisco, TX 75033 - (972) 380-6677 - View Map
- Encore Insurance Agency, L.L.C.
2301 Ohio Dr - Plano, TX 75093 - (877) 745-5005 - View Map
- A and H Insurance
2504 K Ave #400 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 423-4348 - View Map
Car insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Plano, car insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your 500 has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Fiat at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your Fiat and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your 500 outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $750 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We've covered a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Fiat 500 insurance in Plano. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Plano auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or poor customer service. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Affordable Fiat 500 insurance in Plano is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Plano? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)