It's safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare rates once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $865 a year compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Plano is your ultimate goal, understanding how to shop for insurance rates can make it easier to find better rates.
The preferred way to get budget auto insurance rates in Plano is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for more ideas to prevent high prices and find missing discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Plano can be easy if you know a few tricks. But Texas consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
When shopping for low cost Plano car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The fastest way to lower the rate you pay for Chevy Sonic insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Chevy Sonic insurance rate quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although you can price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Plano, TX, it's a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Don't neglect these discounts on Chevy Sonic insurance in Plano
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Professional Organizations - Being in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your insurance premiums.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- MetLife has savings for good student, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, good student, and age of vehicle.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include easy pay, good student, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, accident-free, family plan, and business or organization.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, military active duty, multi-policy, good student, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
If you want the cheapest Chevrolet Sonic rate quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Plano.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper Plano Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The list below includes some of the most common factors that factor into your rates.
- File auto insurance claims and pay more - If you file a lot of claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Texas award better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use - The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Sonic may be costing you higher rates.
- Premiums can change based on your address - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Less people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
- Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage - Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? - Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If the Chevy Sonic is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Mature drivers save more - More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Companies want multiple policies - Some insurance companies apply a discount to customers that purchase more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save - Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Examples of covered claims could be a broken windshield, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Sonic - Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Sonic vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Chevrolet Sonic Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Sonic 104 132 91 167 189 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Plano car insurance agents?
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Plano.
By using this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, we recommend you check rates from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Plano who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Plano willing to provide rate quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Smart shoppers get results
When you buy Plano car insurance online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Chevy Sonic insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Plano car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)