It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Plano is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, read about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are highly likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A recent study showed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Plano is the reason for your visit, learning how to get price quotes and compare coverages can help simplify the process.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques covered below. Pricing the lowest cost insurance in Plano is not as hard as you may think. But Texas vehicle owners must learn how companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Free Plano Volkswagen Tiguan insurance quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get pricing on the web. Comparing prices online for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Plano is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Once you submit the form, the system orders your driving and credit reports and generates a price.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find a lower rate.
To quickly find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Texas. To buy cheaper car insurance in Plano, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Discount Plano car insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Tiguan can get you a discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below compares Volkswagen Tiguan auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, early bird, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century discounts include homeowners, automatic seat belts, good student, theft prevention, driver training, early bird, and student driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Plano. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies who offer cheap Volkswagen Tiguan insurance quotes in Plano, follow this link.
Statistics and details
The premium information below highlights different insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen Tiguan models. Knowing how insurance rates are calculated is important for making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$174||$352||$422||$24||$126||$1,098||$92|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$174||$352||$422||$24||$126||$1,098||$92|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$198||$416||$422||$24||$126||$1,186||$99|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$198||$416||$422||$24||$126||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify premium rates greatly.
Learn How to Quote Insurance at a Discount
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find big savings. Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Insurance claims cost money – Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Never go without insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Your car’s features help determine prices – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent auto theft.
Premiums can be impacted by your occupation – Jobs like real estate brokers, police officers, and financial analysts generally pay the highest average rates in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
Driving citations drive up prices – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can affect Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Discounts for auto and home policies – The majority of companies apply a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. It’s possible to still find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Tiguan – Insurance companies study historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will be charged more to insure. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Volkswagen Tiguan vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 2WD||84||98||67||75||91||89|
|Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 4WD||93||101||85||82||80||90|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years