It's safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who compare other rates will, in all likelihood, switch companies because of the high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved approximately $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don't regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on insurance in Plano is your ultimate target, then knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Plano. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Plano. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Most companies make it easy to get prices from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Nissan 370Z insurance in Plano is pretty painless as you just type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system requests reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on the data you entered. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find cheap rates.
To quickly find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you copy the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This ensures you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Nissan 370Z insurance in Plano
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Keeping the miles down on your Nissan could be rewarded with discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multi-line Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Nissan 370Z annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, drive less, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, good student, multi-vehicle, accident-free, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, good driver, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, membership and employees, anti-theft, daytime running lights, driver training, good student, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, bundle, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Plano auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Nissan 370Z insurance quotes in Plano, follow this link.
Nissan 370Z insurance statistics and information
The information shown next covers a range of insurance coverage prices for Nissan 370Z models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are figured can help guide drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$560||$486||$28||$146||$1,452||$121|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$258||$560||$430||$26||$128||$1,402||$117|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$632||$486||$28||$146||$1,550||$129|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$258||$560||$430||$26||$128||$1,402||$117|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$258||$706||$486||$28||$146||$1,624||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in your specific Plano location which can change premium rates noticeably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Nissan 370Z insurance premiums for each different age category. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders influence Nissan 370Z annual premium costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan 370Z yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Does full coverage make sense?
The example below illustrates the difference between Nissan 370Z insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut rule of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Nissan 370Z settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $600 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Informed Drivers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that help calculate your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Drive lots and pay more - The more you drive each year the higher your rate. A lot of companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Autos that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated 370Z may be costing you higher rates.
- Rural areas have lower rates - Living in a small town can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates. Residents of big cities tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Excellent credit saves on auto insurance - An insured's credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Nissan 370Z by improving your credit score.
- Discounts for auto and home policies - Lots of insurance companies will award better rates for people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Driving a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping auto theft.
- High claims frequency drives up rates - Companies in Texas give discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Nissan 370Z insurance claim data - Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Nissan 370Z vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Nissan 370Z Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan 370Z 2dr 164 88 132 91 88 Nissan 370Z Convertible 129 73BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years