Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly compared price quotes saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on Mazda 3 insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare insurance can help simplify the process.
Truthfully, the best way to save money on Mazda 3 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Plano.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of individual coverages and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and a poor credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
The quickest method to compare rates for Mazda 3 insurance in Plano is to realize most insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide details including if you have a valid license, whether you are married, daily mileage, and which vehicles you own. Those rating factors gets transmitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes very quickly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Texas. To locate the best car insurance in Plano, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Mazda 3 insurance in Plano
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Plano car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive simply for signing over the internet.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags could see savings of up to 25% or more.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below shows the difference between Mazda 3 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, teen driver, distant student, youthful driver, multi-car, and pay in full.
- Esurance offers discounts including multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, online shopper, and claim free.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, driver’s education, anti-theft, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate has discounts for premier discount, premier plus, 55 and retired, good student, EZ pay plan discount, and good payer.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer online Mazda 3 insurance quotes in Plano, click here to view.
Auto insurance data for a Mazda 3
The premium information below outlines different insurance rates for Mazda 3 models. Having a good grasp of how rate quotes are established can aid in making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$340||$366||$22||$110||$1,024||$85|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$340||$366||$22||$110||$1,024||$85|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,084||$90|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can change auto insurance rates considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Mazda 3 yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of citations and accidents on Plano insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can impact Mazda 3 insurance premiums for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Local neighborhood Plano car insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get lower auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Plano.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Plano who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Plano insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Plano can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Plano independent agents who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Plano that are able to give rate quotes.
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Plano?
Informed Drivers Save Every Year
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower insurance prices. Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Expect high rates for teens – Beginning drivers in Texas tend to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Better rates for continuous insurance coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a fast way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Insurance rates and your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like military generals, airline pilots, and emergency personnel have the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Insurance loss probability for a Mazda 3 – Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Mazda 3 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Mazda 3 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 3 99 104 96 106 110 103 Mazda 3 Hatchback 91 80 96 81 73 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mazda 3 in Plano, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Mazda 3 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Mazda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper coverage is out there
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents. Cheap Mazda 3 insurance in Plano is definitely available both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be found at these links:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Plano? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)