We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year are likely to switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding more affordable rates. A study showed that people who regularly compared rates saved approximately $865 a year compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly Ford Freestyle insurance is your objective, then knowing how to shop and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Plano is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Texas. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and a bad credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Most companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Comparing Ford Freestyle insurance rates online is very simple as you just enter your personal and coverage information on the page. After the form is submitted, their rating system will order your driving record and credit report and returns a price determined by many factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get cheap prices.
To save time and find out how much you can save on auto insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Plano, TX. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Texas, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Freestyle in Plano, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Freestyle with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or your commute time.
Vocation stress can make you pay more – Jobs like fire fighters, architects, and dentists have higher average rates because of high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers such as actors, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
Pay more if you have a long commute – Living in areas with lower population can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Low coverage deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Ford. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Consolidating policies can get discounts – Many auto insurance companies will give discounts to customers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can save money even if you insure with multiple companies
Frequent insurance claims increase premiums – Car insurance companies in Texas award lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them early. You could save around 10% when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Plano, click here to view.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is still important in Plano.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Plano that may be able to provide free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Plano willing to provide rate quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Lower-priced car insurance in Plano is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Plano auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find affordable Ford Freestyle insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Plano? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)