Do you want to learn to get lower-priced car insurance rates in Plano, TX? Plano shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Dodge Dakota insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to quote coverages on a Dodge and get the best price possible.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could save almost 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. These tips will help educate you on how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. Smart buyers just have to understand the tricks to compare rates from many different companies.
Getting more affordable car insurance pricing isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes to discover which company has affordable Plano auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Texas, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your bill.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Plano auto insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up before your current Dakota insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good driver, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for claim free, anti-theft, safety device, emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, and DriveSense.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, preferred payment discount, good student, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, and new move discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including company car, student away at school, anti-theft, paid in full, multi-policy, and group or association.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, anti-theft, air bags, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in every state. To see companies offering auto insurance discounts in Plano, click this link.
Rates and other information
The coverage table below covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Dodge Dakota models. Having a better understanding of how policy rates are established is important for making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$180||$312||$624||$36||$186||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$180||$312||$624||$36||$186||$1,338||$112|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$208||$312||$624||$36||$186||$1,366||$114|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$208||$312||$624||$36||$186||$1,366||$114|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$208||$368||$624||$36||$186||$1,422||$119|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$208||$368||$624||$36||$186||$1,422||$119|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$234||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,226||$102|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$234||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,226||$102|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$234||$368||$624||$36||$186||$1,448||$121|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$234||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,226||$102|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$234||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,226||$102|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$234||$312||$500||$30||$150||$1,226||$102|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$234||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,282||$107|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$260||$368||$500||$30||$150||$1,308||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Plano location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Dodge Dakota insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below compares Dodge Dakota insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no specific rule for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Dakota settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
How Your Dakota Insurance Costs are Determined
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Lower prices with alarm systems – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Never go without car insurance – Driving with no insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- Inexpensive frequent car insurance claims are not good – Car insurance companies in Texas generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more you drive your Dodge every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Dakota can result in significantly higher rates.
More performance means higher premiums – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these variables: single female driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Dodge Dakota policy rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance risks.