If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to quote cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Plano is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Texas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover more details to help prevent expensive coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Cruze coverage is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. Make sure you put the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop rates annually are highly likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If saving money on insurance is your ultimate objective, understanding the best ways to shop for auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Tickets will cost you – Having just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Reduce prices by staying claim free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Texas award the best rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy Cruze scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Age of drivers impacts prices – Teenage drivers in Texas have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Cruze – Insurers analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Plano
Some insurers do not list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can help you save on auto insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a safe driver class can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current Cruze insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, mature driver, pay in full, business and professional, multi-car, and switch companies.
- Esurance has savings for good driver, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, claim free, and paid-in-full.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, driver’s education, anti-theft, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, air bags, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including teenSMART discount, premier discount, good student, 55 and retired, and economy car.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Plano. To view providers that offer many of these discounts in Plano, click here.
Do the work, save more money
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Discount Chevy Cruze insurance in Plano is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much are Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)