It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who compare rates once a year are inclined to move their business because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $865 a year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Volkswagen Jetta insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper Volkswagen Jetta insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Plano.
- First, spend some time learning about how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and poor credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for the details to help keep prices low and find missing discounts.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Jetta coverage is available in Plano. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Male costs may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes cause fender benders at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The diagram below compares Volkswagen Jetta annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Careless drivers pay higher costs – Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders influence Volkswagen Jetta annual premium costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability insurance is peace of mind – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Multiple policies with one company – The majority of companies apply a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
Insurance loss data for a Volkswagen Jetta – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting premium costs. Vehicles that have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid||128||121||114||104|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Rates and other information
The coverage information below outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen Jetta models. Understanding more about how car insurance prices are established is important for making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$340||$366||$22||$110||$1,024||$85|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$186||$340||$310||$18||$94||$948||$79|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$340||$366||$22||$110||$1,024||$85|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$210||$400||$310||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$400||$366||$22||$110||$1,108||$92|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$210||$400||$310||$18||$94||$1,032||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in Plano location which can impact premiums greatly.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Volkswagen Jetta premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below compares Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive guideline for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Jetta settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Plano with discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Plano car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower price if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data submission to spy on vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Jetta yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, multiple autos, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, safety device, online shopper, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, new graduate, preferred payment discount, safety features, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, safe driver, multiple vehicles, company car, and group or association.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies everywhere.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Picking the top insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Plano. The rank data shown below may help you pick which car insurance providers to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, high prices and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
When you buy Plano car insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Plano is available online in addition to many Plano insurance agents, so you need to shop Plano car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much is Plano Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Plano? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)