Finding more affordable rates on Kia Sorento insurance in Plano might be difficult for drivers who are new to online insurance quotes. People have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can turn into a real challenge to find better prices on Kia Sorento insurance.
It’s hard to believe, but about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average insurance premium being $2,679, Plano drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates.
Consumers need to quote other rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the best price on Kia Sorento insurance in Plano at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Lower Your Plano Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Your gender affects premiums – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Save mileage and save money – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data. An improperly rated Sorento may be costing you.
- Getting married is a good thing – Having a spouse actually saves money on auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- A good credit rating can save money – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your Kia Sorento if you improve your credit rating. People that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- An active insurance claims history can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Texas award cheaper rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- How much liability protection – Liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Insurance losses for a Kia Sorento – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help determine rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Kia Sorento Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare but don’t skimp
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce Kia Sorento insurance prices online in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Plano car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small local company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
When getting Plano car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Kia Sorento insurance in Plano
Truthfully, the best way to get discount Kia Sorento insurance in Plano is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Texas.
- Step 1: Try to understand how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Sorento insurance in Plano. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tundra in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Plano? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)