The best way to get cheaper Dodge Magnum insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Plano.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover the details to get lower rates and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Magnum coverage is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year are inclined to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study discovered that people who regularly shopped around saved about $860 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Dodge Magnum insurance in Plano is your objective, then having some insight into how to quote prices and compare coverages can make the process less intimidating.
How You Can Control Dodge Magnum Insurance Rates
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower insurance prices.
Stay claim-free and reduce premiums – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Texas provide lower rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Higher deductibles are cheaper – The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Owning a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Magnum insurance in Plano is to know the trick most of the bigger providers participate in a system to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is provide a little information like if you went to college, if you’re married, coverage limits, and if the car is leased. Your information is then submitted to insurance companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Dodge Magnum now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Texas. To get cheap auto insurance in Texas, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Car insurance is not optional in Texas
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Texas is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower-cost Plano insurance quotes with discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO will let one accident slide without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Magnum insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Magnum insurance.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Travelers has discounts for good student, driver training, IntelliDrive, early quote, and save driver.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for theft prevention, driver training, student driver, automatic seat belts, teen driver, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, good student, accident-free, anti-theft, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, five-year accident-free, military active duty, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and good student.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and good driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in Plano. To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click here.
Compare prices but buy from a local Plano insurance agent
Some people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How long has their agency been open in Plano?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Plano willing to provide price quotes.
- Kelly Cook – State Farm Insurance Agent
5068 W Plano Pkwy Ste 277 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 250-4700 – View Map
- Christopher Walls – State Farm Insurance Agent
3308 Preston Rd #300 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 758-1111 – View Map
- Ruth Bookhammer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1106 14th St – Plano, TX 75074 – (469) 814-0551 – View Map
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Plano independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Royalty Insurance Agency
5048 Tennyson Pkwy #250 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 801-9188 – View Map
- Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies
6305 Preston Rd Suite 1000 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 473-4813 – View Map
- Sterling Insurance Group
3415 Custer Rd #161 – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 964-4825 – View Map
Be persistent to save money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We’ve covered many tips how you can compare Dodge Magnum insurance auto insurance rates in Plano. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies. Cheaper car insurance in Plano is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Plano, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information can be read at these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Edge in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much is Plano Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Plano? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)