We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly shopped around saved on average $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on Lincoln Mark LT insurance is the reason for your visit, then understanding how to quote prices and compare coverages can make the process less intimidating.
Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Plano. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article provides ideas to lower rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that help calculate auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Is your car built for speed? – The type of car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Certain occupations raise premiums – Careers like fire fighters, police officers, and accountants are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, historians and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Annual mileage impacts rates – The higher the miles on your Lincoln every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Mark LT can cost quite a bit. Make sure your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Even one citation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Lots of insurance companies will give lower prices to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other Plano Mark LT insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Safer cars mean better premiums – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
The majority of larger companies provide pricing direct online. Comparing prices online for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Plano is pretty easy as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system collects your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online price quotes for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Plano makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to do this if you want to find cheaper auto insurance pricing.
To save time and find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you are getting comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Plano, TX. To get cheap car insurance in Texas, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Lincoln but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Take policy discounts and save on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Plano
Some companies do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Plano car insurance online.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Plano car insurance quote.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- No Claims – Plano drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Plano. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Comparing quotes from local Plano auto insurance agents
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important especially in Plano.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Plano that can give you free Plano car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents in Plano can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Plano that can give you free price quotes.
- Sterling Insurance Group
3415 Custer Rd #161 – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 964-4825 – View Map
- McCullough Insurance Agency, Inc.
1445 Los Rios Blvd #203 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 422-7918 – View Map
- Best Insurance Agent
4332 Belvedere Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 398-2697 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Plano who can help you get price quote information.
- Jennifer Webb – State Farm Insurance Agent
208 Coit Rd #600 – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 312-9930 – View Map
- William Kuo – State Farm Insurance Agent
280 Legacy Dr #250 – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 575-9100 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Danny Wilson
5501 Independence Pkwy Ste 311 – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 519-0936 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Plano?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying a policy, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in Plano is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Plano, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Plano? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)