The easiest way to get budget auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Plano.
- First, get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and bad credit can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. View prices
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Stinger insurance in Plano. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Once received, put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop around for better prices are inclined to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Plano is the reason for your visit, then knowing how to find companies and compare insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using this information. The purpose of this post is to familiarize you with how insurance works and also save some money in the process But Texas drivers must understand how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
Buy Plano Kia Stinger insurance online
When quoting car insurance, remember that getting more free quotes increases your odds of finding a better price. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Plano, TX. If you wish to find the best car insurance in TX, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Stinger in Plano, auto insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Stinger, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Get discounts to get affordable Plano car insurance rates
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current Stinger insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will definitely reduce your policy cost.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, early bird, defensive driver, accident-free, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, multi-policy, good student, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, passive restraint, multiple policy, student away at school, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Travelers may offer discounts for new car, multi-car, multi-policy, save driver, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, and air bag.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, driver training, anti-theft, federal employee, multi-vehicle, good student, and membership and employees.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in Plano. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Plano, click here.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Plano that can give you free Plano car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Plano?
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Plano agents can either be independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are Plano exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Donnie Pence – State Farm Insurance Agent
1301 Custer Rd #340 – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 309-0009 – View Map
- Byron Wilkerson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9720 Coit Rd #140 – Plano, TX 75025 – (214) 618-5700 – View Map
- Earl Manns Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
3020 Legacy Dr #190 – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 208-3705 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Plano independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- A R Schell and Son Agency
1001 E 15th St #100 – Plano, TX 75074 – (469) 609-8156 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Reginald Denard White
800 E Central Pkwy Ste 200 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 422-9412 – View Map
- Hallmark Insurance Co
6500 Pinecrest Dr – Plano, TX 75024 – (800) 486-5616 – View Map
After receiving good responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When getting Plano car insurance quotes online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap Kia Stinger insurance in Plano is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Plano agents, so get free Plano car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many ideas to compare Kia Stinger insurance premium rates in Plano. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much is Plano Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Plano? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)