Hyundai Sonata insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Remarkably, a study showed that most drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Plano could cut their rates by almost $1,766 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp how much they could save if they changed companies.
The easiest way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Plano.
- First, try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price like inattentive driving and a substandard credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. View prices
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Plano. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
The critical component of shopping around is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Plano, TX. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Plano, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Protect more than your Hyundai vehicle
Even though Plano Sonata Hybrid insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Take advantage of these rate reducing discounts
Some insurers don't always publicize every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a new Sonata Hybrid may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current Sonata Hybrid insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Sonata Hybrid insurance premium.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow data collection to scrutinize their driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way.
To find insurance companies who offer cheap Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance quotes in Plano in Plano, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Plano who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Plano, get answers to these questions.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Plano?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent. Either can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Plano willing to provide rate quotes.
- Tamara Murphy - State Farm Insurance Agent
4504 Legacy Dr #200 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 943-9555 - View Map
- Raymond Holden - State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 K Ave #106 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 424-5900 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Danny Wilson
5501 Independence Pkwy Ste 311 - Plano, TX 75023 - (972) 519-0936 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, you will want to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Plano willing to provide price quotes.
- A R Schell and Son Agency
1001 E 15th St #100 - Plano, TX 75074 - (469) 609-8156 - View Map
- Roger Welch Agency, LLC
2770 Main St #104 - Frisco, TX 75033 - (972) 380-6677 - View Map
- Plano, TX Car Insurance - The Gallovich Insurance Agency
1145 14th St #2117 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 398-0001 - View Map
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We've covered a lot of techniques to find cheaper Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Plano. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)