It’s hard to fathom, but over 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could save themselves $1,800 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes online.
The most effective way to find better pricing on Hyundai G80 insurance in Plano is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Texas.
- First, learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and bad credit can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. View rates
- Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Save money with these premium slashing discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current G80 insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new G80 can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce your overall bill.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include good student, federal employee, daytime running lights, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers may have discounts that include IntelliDrive, driver training, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, and student away at school.
- Nationwide includes discounts for family plan, easy pay, defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, switch companies, distant student, early shopping, teen driver, and pay in full.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, anti-theft, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for ease of repair, accident-free, type of vehicle, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, and location of vehicle.
If you need inexpensive Plano auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state.
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes will enable you to find a lower rate. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you also need to get prices from them, too.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Plano, TX. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Plano, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Plano auto insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Plano who will return price quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Plano for you
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Plano may be either independent or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Plano that can give you price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you include several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Plano willing to provide price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Nicholas Arthur Purvis Agency
5600 Tennyson Pkwy #243 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 665-9975 – View Map
If you receive reasonable responses to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the top insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Texas. The company information below could help you select which auto insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
One last note
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Hyundai G80 insurance in Plano. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Hyundai G80 insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Cheap Hyundai G80 insurance in Plano is attainable online and from local agencies, so get free Plano auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies work with independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance is available in the articles below:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)