Finding the cheapest insurance for a Honda Odyssey in Texas can normally be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Honda and get the cheapest rates.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to find the best rates and still have adequate protection. Buying the most affordable auto insurance policy in Plano is not as difficult as people think. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare prices online.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand car insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like whether you drive to work or school, if you have a valid license, types of safety features, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. That rating information gets transmitted to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Honda Odyssey now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Plano, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda Odyssey insurance, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Odyssey has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Detailed insurance information
The information shown below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Honda Odyssey models. Understanding more about how premiums are established can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$220||$492||$358||$22||$108||$1,200||$100|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$252||$580||$358||$22||$108||$1,320||$110|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$252||$580||$358||$22||$108||$1,320||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can change auto insurance rates considerably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Honda Odyssey insurance rates for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The chart below illustrates the difference between Honda Odyssey auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Honda Odyssey car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Honda Odyssey replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some insurance providers do not list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could qualify for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with some auto insurance companies.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts should help reduce your overall bill.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Honda Odyssey insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, good student, multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
- Allstate may offer discounts for passive restraint, teenSMART discount, new car, senior citizen, premier plus, and good payer.
- Nationwide discounts include multi-policy, business or organization, good student, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply in Plano.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does my Honda Odyssey need full coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
What is the best auto insurance company in Plano?
Buying coverage from a good quality auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Texas. The ranking information displayed below may help you select which insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%