The best way we recommend to get cheaper Ford Ranger insurance in Plano is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more details to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Ranger coverage is available. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. When you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One piece of advice is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Sad but true, over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average car insurance premium being $2,680, Texas drivers can save approximately 70% each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Plano is really quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to find the best rates using this strategy. Smart shoppers just have to learn the fastest way to compare company rates from many different companies online.
Affordable Ford insurance rates in Plano
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. To find the best cheap auto insurance in TX, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Ford Ranger coverage analysis
The coverage information shown below outlines different insurance policy prices for Ford Ranger models. Learning a little about how rates are figured is important for making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$178||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,024||$85|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 2WD||$208||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,054||$88|
|Ranger XLT 2WD||$208||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,054||$88|
|Ranger XL 2WD||$208||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,054||$88|
|Ranger XL SuperCab 4WD||$208||$328||$382||$22||$114||$1,054||$88|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$208||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,126||$94|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$208||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,126||$94|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 4WD||$208||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,126||$94|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD||$208||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,126||$94|
|Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD||$208||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,126||$94|
|Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD||$208||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,126||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in Plano location which can raise or lower price quotes greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Ford Ranger premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford Ranger insurance rates: Men versus women
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford Ranger insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Ranger auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Ford Ranger claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $600 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Don’t overlook these seven Ford Ranger insurance discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower rates.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may qualify for a slight reduction on a Plano auto insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Ranger insurance in Plano.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will positively reduce your premiums.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Ranger annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, accident-free, good driver, good student, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, easy pay, accident-free, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century discounts include theft prevention, driver training, 55 and older, student driver, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, good student, multi-car, and business and professional.
- Allstate includes discounts for premier plus, good student, passive restraint, defensive driver, EZ pay plan discount, premier discount, and economy car.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people still like to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Plano that provide free Plano auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Plano can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Plano that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are Plano independent insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
Texas FIrst Rate Insurance Agency
2105 W Spring Creek Pkwy #375c – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 467-6500 – View Map
Best Insurance Agent
4332 Belvedere Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 398-2697 – View Map
If you get acceptable answers to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will service your policy.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Liability – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, medical services and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your Ranger from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Ranger to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills like rehabilitation expenses, dental work and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
More effort can pay off
You just read some good ideas how to get a better price on Ford Ranger insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agents. Affordable Ford Ranger insurance in Plano is available both online and also from your neighborhood Plano agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about insurance in Texas is located below:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Plano? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)